Spread the word!
8 babies are born with a heart defect every day, yet not enough people in Australia are aware of this.
We need to get the word out there so that people know that CHD is a cause worth supporting. And by supporting Sweetheart Day 2017, you will be adding your voice to these heart kids, and spreading the word that 8 babies a day, is #8toomany.
How can I get involved?
- Host an event at work with colleagues (or at home with family and friends) on Tuesday, February 14th and have a fun-filled day getting together sharing a cuppa and cakes, or even playing games – check out our fundraising page to help you make your event memorable!
- Show your support by getting your family and friends to sponsor your event by donating whatever they can to help fight childhood heart disease!
- Make sure you bring some blue-inspired sweetheart cakes to share (or sell)
- Finally, spread the word by sharing CHD facts to get the message out there, by getting together with your attendees and taking a pic of everyone in a heart shape, and hash tagging #8toomany, #sweetheartday, #heartkids to spread CHD awareness!
*By registering for Sweetheart day, you will receive your own HeartKids golden lapel pin AND automatically go into the running to win a few prizes – for more information click here.
On Sweetheart Day, there will be a number of stations throughout the city areas in your state, selling merchandise – make a donation or buy a Sweetheart Day merchandise.
SHARE the #CHDfacts on social media to spread more awareness of childhood heart disease – the more people who know about this terrible disease, the more we will be able to help heart kids all across Australia.
Check out our #CHDFacts here.
Make sure you hashtag #CHDFacts #showyourheart to get it trending! Don’t forget to encourage your friends to SHARE this, it’s a great way to tell your loved ones how much you care all while supporting heart kids!
How to get started
- Register now (it’s FREE) and receive your own fundraising page, and we’ll get back to you on how you can get started with your event.
- Spread the word amongst your family, friends and colleagues that Sweetheart Day is coming this February – check out our fundraising tips & ideas to help you get started!
- All registrants are eligible to win a few prizes too – Click for more information on SWEETHEART DAY COMPETITIONS.
For more info on how to get involved email us on email@example.com