About Sweetheart Day
Sweetheart Day is held annually on February 14th to raise funds towards fighting childhood heart disease. All proceeds go towards HeartKids, a national organisation that focuses on funding vital medical research as well as improving the lives of Aussie kids with childhood heart disease.
It’s a fact that 8 babies are born with a heart defect every day, yet not enough people in Australia are aware of this.
So this year, we’re asking our Sweetheart Supporters to help spread the word by Registering for Sweetheart Day today!
Also, with help from our friends at Samsung, all registrants will automatically go into the running to win a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and VR Gear Pack!* worth $993 (Proudly donated by our friends at Samsung) 🙂
What happens on Sweetheart Day?
- Hold a Sweetheart Day afternoon tea on Tuesday, February 14th to support Aussie heart kids!
- Invite friends, family, colleagues or even classmates and have a fun-filled day getting together sharing a cuppa and cakes, or even playing games – check out our fundraising tips & ideas to help you make your event memorable
- Show your support by getting your family and friends to sponsor your event by donating whatever they can to help fight CHD!
- Make sure you bring some blue-inspired sweetheart cakes to share (or sell)
- Finally, spread the word by sharing CHD facts to get the message out there, by getting together with your attendees and taking a pic of everyone in a heart shape, and hash tagging #8toomany, #sweetheartday, #heartkids to spread CHD awareness!
How to get started
- Register now (it’s FREE) and receive your own fundraising page, and we’ll send you a whole heap of posters, guides and tips & tricks to get you started with your event.
- Spread the word amongst your family, friends and colleagues that Sweetheart Day is coming this February
If you would like to donate to Sweetheart Day without hosting an event, you can send a gift here.
Where your money goes
All funds raised through Sweetheart Day go towards helping HeartKids provide ongoing support for children with heart defects and their families all across Australia, as well fund life-saving research into childhood heart disease.
HeartKids is a non-for-profit organisation that aspires to a life unaffected by childhood heart disease. For more information on the work that HeartKids do as well as stories on the heart kids we support, visit our website.
HeartKids would like to acknowledge the following organisations for their Sweetheart support…